cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Contributor

Teams notifications don't appear when using Gotomypc

My users are currently working from home and are reporting that Microsoft Teams notifications don't appear when they are connected via Gotomypc. 'New' Teams (work or school) is running on their host PCs, not their client PCs. If someone sends a Teams message to someone else who has a Gotomypc session going, the Gotomypc session shows the icon changing color in the host machine's taskbar, but nothing else.  If one of these users goes into the office and uses the same machine with no other configuration changes, they get their Teams notifications. The issue only happens when Gotomypc is being used to connect. Do any other Office 365 users have this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Teams notifications don't appear when using Gotomypc

Hi @J.1,

This might be caused by their Performance setting in the Host software. Can you ask them to move the slider to the right and test again?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Demi9

This occurs with Logmein as well. I think there is a new layer of WDM that is not available via the current methods of screencasting in GoToMyPC and LMI.

J.1
Contributor

Alas, this didn't work- we tried with two different affected computers.  Thanks anyway.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@J.1 Thank you for trying that, I will escalate this to the team for review and testing.

MaureenL23
New Contributor

My clients and I have been experiencing similar behavior with the MS Teams Desktop version.  If we are in the same domain we cannot receive each other's MS Teams request Screen Shares, but if my client is in a G2MPC session within their domain, and I am in my local domain at my home office desk without G2MPC I will be able to receive and accept the screen share.  Then the next issue is with mouse control.  If using the different domain scenario, and I request mouse control from my client inside his G2MPC session he never gets the request.  What he sees are two additional windows on his taskbar under Teams.  One is an entirely black window, and the other window is a narrower black bar with the heading "Sharing Control bar".  I can see this also because I do see his screen, I just can't control it.  A workaround they found for being in G2MPC and their same domain is using the web version for just a share screen, no mouse control is available.  For mouse control they will use their local domain home PC's with MS Teams desktop installed on it for Sharing the screen and giving Mouse Control while their G2MPC session is a browser window to their Office Workstation in their domain.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @MaureenL23, welcome to the community.

When you say same domain I assume you mean on the same network, is that correct? 

"If we are in the same domain we cannot receive each other's MS Teams request Screen Shares" this particular issue sounds like a Teams issue. 

While I could see there being a potential conflict happening around remote control of a computer that is in both a Teams and GoToMyPC session, I would recommend reviewing Teams settings, especially security related. If it is possible, could you or your client demonstrate any of this happening to our support team, or record your screen?

MaureenL23
New Contributor

Hi Glen,

Thank you.  Yes, the same network but the caveat is one workstation is in GTMPC and the other isn't.  So, if my client is at the office and another team member is working from home and using GTMPC to access their workstation in the office and they want to Share Screens they cannot.  The person in GTMPC never receives the Accept Request.  I opened a case with Microsoft a few weeks ago regarding the mouse control request with them creating Teams logs, etc... and their analysis is it's a GTMPC issue.  I have opened Ticket 20221268 with GTMPC.  There may be two issues here, a Share Screen issue when one is in GTMPC and the other is in same domain.  The other is when you are Sharing the Screen the person in G2MPC does not get prompted for the Mouse Control request.  For example, my client sends me a screen share request while he is in GTMPC while I am external (meaning in teams I am not in his domain) at my home office.  I accept, I see his screen then I click to ask for Mouse Control and he never gets the request.  Just two blank windows added to his Teams icon on his taskbar.

I will be checking Teams security for sure on the domain Screen Share issue.  Yes, we can demonstrate to your support team.  Let me know when they are available and how to contact.  Thanks.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @MaureenL23

Glenn is out and I took a look at your recent case. I do see that the team responded yesterday that the GTMPC connection works.

If you are still experiencing the issue are you able to make a recording and attach it to your case? We will make sure it gets reviewed. If it's better to set up a time to walk through with support just let me know and we can escalate the case. Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training