cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdminLife
Active Contributor

Find and Paste Shortcut Keys Not Working on Mac Client to Windows Host

Hello. I have a user using a Mac client connecting to a Windows host. They are experiencing an issue where the Find (control+F) and Paste (control+V) shortcuts are not working. They state that when trying to use the Paste shortcut, clipboard pops up. Is anyone else getting reports of this issue, and can the GTMPC team assist with a resolution? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Re: Find and Paste Shortcut Keys Not Working on Mac Client to Windows Host

Hi,

We are aware of the issue, which has been fixed in our latest app version (2023.06.3786). The version is under rollout.

We have set that version on your account now, which means all the end points will get upgraded to this new version within 24 hours. If you do not prefer to wait then please click the option "check for updates" by right clicking on GoToMyPC tray icon at host PC, and in next screen, click "yes" to upgrade the installed host version.

AdminLife
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, after updating the host software version my user still reports that the shortcuts are not working, and that the control key brings up the Windows start menu. Does the GoToMyPC viewer software on the client machine need to be updated as well?

AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Hi,

Could you please share log files for both host and viewer machine to us for further investigation, along with the registered email. You may DM me all the details.

Here are the ways to pull logs:

Mac-
https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/downloaddocument/gotologfiles-mac-g2md00268

Windows machine-

http://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/downloaddocument/gotologfiles-windows-g2md00267

Thank You for your patience.

AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Hey,

Just circling back if you were able to get hold of host and viewer logs.

Also, is the issue resolved now for your users?

stepheneb

Am having the same issue.  Logmein macOS client 4.1.7883 connecting to Windows 11 running logmein host v4.1.0.15158. Many places when I cmd-copy text from Mac and then ctrl-V to paste in Windows two "vv" characters appear in Windows and further text editing is disabled.

For example I open PowerShell window and on Mac copy powershell command to clipboard. Put mouse over powershelgl window, click there, can type chars on keyboard, I delete them and type ctrl-V, two 'vv' chars appear and no more keyboard input works in that powershell window.

If I then open a second powershell window and move to first delete the "vv": chars type ctrl-V and the original powershell command I copied into Mac clipboard is pasted correctly.