cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Contributor

One user having trouble with gotomypc reconnections

I'm not really sure how to describe this exactly. One of my users has been reporting issues with getting a 'black screen' when she connects to Gotomypc- about once a week. What appears to mostly happen is that she tries to log into Gotomypc for the second or third time on a given day and is able to log in with the password, then click the computer button, then give her access code. After typing in her access code, the Gotomypc viewer remains small and shows only black, and then hangs for an extended period rather than expanding to full size and allowing a Windows login. Usually it disconnects after several minutes. Further attempts at connecting get the same result.

The affected machine is on, and is responsive to the network. We can ping it. Remotely restarting the Gotomypc service does not work- that is to say, we can remotely restart the service via the Windows Services app, but it does not affect the ability to connect to the machine. Windows Remote Desktop from another computer on the same network works just fine, and has usually been how we've dealt with the issue- someone will RDP into her computer and remotely restart it. It then allows gotomypc connections once the computer comes back up.

Yesterday the user was connected to her desktop via Gotomypc from a computer in the conference room of the same office. When she ended her gotomypc session and walked back to her desk, the machine's screen was blank and remained that way regardless of what she tried to do with keyboard or mouse.  She tried another Gotomypc connection from a different computer; she got the black screen issue. Eventually she was given RDP access to her computer, and that allowed her to log in via desktop as well.

How do we find out what is locking up as a result of Gotomypc connections? The issue has been occurring for several weeks now, about once a week. The machine does not get rebooted unless there is an urgent pending Windows update or unless this problem happens and she cannot log in any other way.

Machine is running Windows 10.  Gotomypc software version is 23.05.3746. No other user is experiencing this issue.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: One user having trouble with gotomypc reconnections

Hi @J.1,

I would start with gathering log files from the PC, we have tool that you can download here that makes this easy. I would also take a look at the Event Viewer on the PC to see if anything stands out. The PC is running build 23.05.3746 which was released in May 24, since then we have had a number of releases that included various fixes.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
J.1
Contributor

Thanks, Glen. Which logs should I have it gather? I'm showing 50 for the host installer, 509 for the host, and 6 for the viewer.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

The viewer logs probably aren't relevant, please zip the Host log files and email them to gotoservice at logmein dot com and I will take a look and start a ticket. Thank you.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training