cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Contributor

Two-factor authentication kicks users back to login prompt

Yesterday when I attempted to log into Gotomypc from Mozilla Firefox, the two-factor code provided by Lastpass Authenticator did not work. Entering it in the authentication blank just brought me back to the login prompt asking for my email address and password.  It happened with the authentication code delivered via SMS request, too. This happened in Brave (a Chromium based browser) and Google Chrome as well. I eventually was able to get in using Microsoft Edge. At the suggestion of a Gotomypc tech on the phone, I cleared the cache and cookies from my other browsers. 

Unfortunately, this morning, the problem happened again across multiple browsers, including Edge and Firefox post-cookie-clearing. I had to try multiple browsers multiple times, and eventually got into Gotomypc via an incognito-mode Firefox window.

One of my other users was affected by the same problem yesterday. She was using Microsoft Edge from a Windows 11 system; I was logging on from Windows 10.

How do we avoid this becoming a problem organization-wide?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Re: Two-factor authentication kicks users back to login prompt

This issue was fixed on 20th July. Please let me know, if you still face any issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience, J.1.
This seems like an issue, we will ship a fix for it.

Meanwhile, there's a workaround. Instead of hitting "enter/return" key, if we click on "authenticate" button of MFA page, then the login goes through.

Somehow hitting enter button is redirecting users to login page,
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

This issue was fixed on 20th July. Please let me know, if you still face any issue.

Goose2
Visitor

Same problem for me. However, the "Authenticate" button is not highlighted for selection

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Goose2 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Since this was resolved a few months back, can you tell me a bit more about your experience? Thanks! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training