cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Pre-recorded video not appearing in webinar recording

My webinars typically consist of live intro, followed by a pre-recorded video (which I upload prior to the start of the broadcast), followed by a live Q&A session and outro. I have also programmed the backend to automatically record the webinar once the broadcast starts.

Using the old version of the platform, my recording would capture everything, so I'd have one webinar recording consisting of the live intro, the pre-recorded video, and the live Q&A and outro.

I have used the new version of the platform twice now, and each time the webinar recording does not capture the pre-recorded video that I shared during the broadcast. The webinar recording does run the full length of the webinar itself, so comprises the live intro, then the default GTW microphone background image spanning the length of time the pre-recorded video was playing, followed by the live Q&A and outro.

During the webinar I play the pre-recorded video using the Share button at the bottom of the Control Panel.

Is there some step that I'm overlooking to make sure the pre-recorded video is also being capture in the webinar recording?

Cheers,

Donal 

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Pre-recorded video not appearing in webinar recording

Hi @donalmurphy 

I tried to replicate your experience by creating a webinar, uploading a video in 'engage your attendee', and playing it during the webinar. I was able to see the recording. 

The team couldn't replicate this experience either, so you should be able to see a video in the recording. 

We can take a look at what may have happened if you share the session Webinar ID. You can PM me the information by clicking here and then Send a Message on the top right. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
JulieT15

Is it possible to do this and have people who call in also hear the recording? Or can only those logging in the desktop mode see and hear the recording? I would like for it to appear as live as possible and open it up to Q&A after.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @JulieT15, welcome to the community.

When you share a video in a webinar the audio plays on the attendees computer, so attendees who only dial in to the conference call will not be able to see or hear the video content.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training