cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GolfCaddy

Connection issue logging from a Mac to a PC.

I am having connection issues logging from a Mac to a PC.  I have been able to use another PC to log into the PC that I wish to access.

When I use the Mac I log in from https://gotomypc.com/as per normal. The app loads and appears to connect as far as the target PC shows. However the connecting stage on the Mac just closes and there is no final stage where there is normally a pop up window allowing control of the PC (although the PC shows as being connected) would materialise.

Has a recent MAC OS update occurred that has created an issue? Has anyone faced this and perhaps more importantly resolved this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Connection issue logging from a Mac to a PC.

Thank you. After you click on Connect you should see a window that says Connecting, then if the connection is made you will be asked to enter the Access Code

I would try using an incognito/private browser tab as a test to rule out any interference from browser extensions. If you still do not see either of those windows please call our toll-free support so they can troubleshoot the issue with you directly on the computer.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @GolfCaddy welcome to the GoTo Community. Our team has reviewed your post. We would like to view your logs for more information.  Can you please zip the GoToMyPC viewer log files from:  Finder on the Mac, click on Go in the toolbar, then select Library >Logs>com.logmein.GoToMyPC>Viewer. I will PM you the email for where to send it. Thanks for your assistance with this, and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
rawood
Active Contributor

Has anyone come up with a solution for this issue.

We have three mac's that cannot connect to Window 10 PC's

We see the connection to the Windows PC is made but no screen opens up on the mac to see what is on the Windows PC's monitor.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @rawood, after you click on the Connect button what exactly happens, what do you see? 

rawood
Active Contributor

When we tell the Mac to login with GoToMyPC via the browser to the Windows PC, I can see on the PC that the Mac has connected and active.  But the Mac doesn't ever display the screen of the PC.  

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. After you click on Connect you should see a window that says Connecting, then if the connection is made you will be asked to enter the Access Code

I would try using an incognito/private browser tab as a test to rule out any interference from browser extensions. If you still do not see either of those windows please call our toll-free support so they can troubleshoot the issue with you directly on the computer.

rawood
Active Contributor

I used Google Chrome in an incognito window and it worked like it used to. Thank you for all your efforts on getting this settled.

Cyberknife303
Visitor

Hi everybody,

not sure if I can hook in here, but I am having kind of the same issue.

Trying to connect from macos Sonoma to a windows machine. Using the browser everything works fine. But when I create a desktop shortcut for that connection and use that link to connect I get the same issue as described here. The connection establishes, but I only see an empty window. When activating multiple desktop overview, I can see the the windows computer (small preview) but when I enter the desktop it disappears...

Any hints?

Thanks!!